Tuesday, July 7, 2009

THE RIDERS

Here is an incomplete list (because I don't remember everyone I passed ,sorry) of the riders that I met on the trip or saw in passing a runner and a few hikers to. Congratulations to all the riders who completed the journey and push on to all those still on the road. I hope you have tailwinds and no mechanicals.

Matt from Arcata
Mitch
Barbara
African-american man riding home from work
Rob and his friend out for an evening spin
Rob and Chris fron N.Y.
Mike
Group of riders just before highway 1 turnoff
Canadien couple I met outside Samual B. Taylor state park in California
Touring cyclist riding up to seattle on his first day of the trip
Frank from NC 61 years old!
Shawne Camp from California. He is an animal.
Jeremy heading to San Fran
Chris from Essex, U.K.
Roadie from San Diego on a time trial bike by breaks national park
Glen on the handcycle Panguitch,UT
Heather the mountain biker from Canada in Bryce
Nicki riding to Pheonix
John the runner trying to boston qualify!
Claus from Germany 'too much windy'
Ewan from South Korea
Mike from Boise,ID it was fun riding/giggling along with you. let me know you made it.
Mike from switzerland who smokes
cyclist from Amsterdam
cyclist from holland
Ralf
Eric the mountain biker and his coach who rode the Transam back in 1976
Drew
cyclist riding to florence
Danni from L.A.
two cyclists I camped with in Golden City,MO
Couple on a tandem who were German and I learned three words from
three female cyclists I met at Tom and Gale's
Tom and Gale the tandem couple
adventure cycling non-supported riders
Jimmy
adventure cycling supported riders. PUSSIES!
Mach from Seattle
'red man' 'chicken man' and 'poo man'
three cyclists just east of Sebree
MS riders
Chris from Germany 'I don't normally shoot dogs'
19 year old kid from England
Kevin & Max
four cyclists I met one of whom gave me a spoke
two guys and one girl I saw after hayters gap
two couples I saw about 20 miles east of hayters gap
cyclist just before damascus who had thru-hiked the Appalachian Trail
Hot Chocolate who was hiking the A.T.
Nathan, boy scout, and his dad
two ladies who were hiking the A.T. and I gave my couscous to
two guys and two girls I met at a church thanks Aaron for the water
Spoon & Hazard A.T. thru-hikers
roadie who sat up for me on the blue ridge parkway
Aaron,hiked the A.T., and Shaz siblings who were headed to Seattle
Lou, rode a fixie around Boston, and Mallory who were going to San Fransisco via western express.
two others one who had done part of the trans am and the other whose brother had done it a couple of years earlier.

1 comment:

  1. THANKS DAVE! I'm so glad to hear that your epic journey is complete. Good job man, were all proud of you.

    ReplyDelete