Tuesday, July 7, 2009

THANKYOU!!!

I just wanted to say thank you to some people who sat around and talked with me, or opened their homes up, or were willing to help out us touring cyclists along the way. It was very much appreciated and I hope that you continue to help other riders on their journeys.

This is a chronological list.

Savory cafe owners who gave me a free beer and a ride to the campround.
Artist girl I met at the savory cafe.
Mellisa and Kieth who sang and played the guitar at a campsite in leigit.
Campground host by fort ross who made us sandwiches and gave us chips and firwood.
Miles parents for letting me stay atyour house and eat your food and drink your wine.
John with the dead battery who gave me some chow mein and 2 sodas.
Melody and Frank for teh room when I was numb,tired and hungry.
Dave and San for buying me lunch and giving me some granola bars good luck on the AIDS ride.
Leeann and Rolinwho made me breakfast in Uereka,NV.
The 3 boulder girls
Employee at breaun books in ceder city.
Lance, Steven and Charles who let me stay at the B& B they had rented and dinner.
Lady at the hite rec. area wholet me buy some things even though the store was closed.
Aria & Bailey for dinner and place to set up my tent in ridgway,CO.
Kimberly and Chris at the simple hotel in salida,CO.
Jackie at the bar in salida for the confidence boost and encouragement.
Melissa who split a 6-pack of heinekin with me and walked around town the next morning.
Wetmore general store/restaurant owner who gave me a blanket and dried my clothes in her dryer, also for calling around for a place for me to camp out.
Larry and Joni Castor for the hotel room and dinner.
Shari, Billy, Mel, and Gilbert for the beers, conversations and place to sleep and shower.
Sheridan Lake church for letting cyclists sleep in the basement.
Athleticlub for letting cyclists sleep in your lounge and get a shower.
Dan & Elaine at Elaine's bicycle oasis for the shower and dinner and conversation.
Ray, and Susan, who let us stay at their house in Newton,KS.
Joe in Rosalia at the bar he owned where he told us about ranching and farm life.
Tom & Gale for opening your home up to touring cyclists in Fair Grove,KS.
Tammy for the ride into Ellington,MO
Rafi for the ride into Farmington and dropping me off at the fire station.
Farmington fire department and all the fire fighters for letting me stay in your lounge for a couple days.
Tom for giving me a ride to Festus for a new rim.
The guy at crystal city cycles who a wheel off a bike in the store and switched everything over for me.
Eagles club in Chester,IL for letting us sleep behind your bar and get a shower.
Tanya the bartender at the eagles club for keeping me topped up on beer.
Guy who was watching bowling and bought me a beer.
Rob & Violet a the church in Sebree,KY who opened up the church and fed us all a wonderful dinner.
Family at double L grocery who fed us dinner, gave us a shower and let us sleep under the porch.
Jerome and Sara for giving us a ride to cave city.
Steve from Florida for giving us a ride to mammoth caves.
Guy in the bronco who drove us to cave city.
Guy who had us hop in the bed of his truck and got us to munfordville.
Lady at the cvs store whose husband gave us a ride back to sonora.
Guy outside baardstown library who gave us $10 towards the trip.
Kevin outside walmart who told us about free showers at the truck stop in berea.
Nick on the fixie who told us about a place to camp by the college.
Kid at the gas station who wouldn't let me pay for a water bottle full of coke.
Lady a tthe post office who gave me a can of coke.
Dave who ran the B & B at hindman,KY.
Church that runs 'the place' in damascus for letting hikers/bikers stay there.
Police officer who stopped at the city park in catawba and gave spoon & hazard a ride.
June Curry 'cookie lady' for welcoming cyclists into her home for longer than I have been alive.
Couple in Lexington who let me use their hose.
John in Yorktown for the gatorade, cokes and washing my clothes.
Church in yorktown for opening up that house to touring cyclists.
Guy who gave me a ride over the james river bridge.
Conti's bike shop for the bike box and the mechanic who gave me a ride over to the fedex store.
And lastly the cute Russian girl who snapped my photos at the atlantic ocean.

Also want to say thanks to everyone that followed along and/or posted comments. It was a little motivational boost when I had a comment after a journal entry. I remember telling my mom not to read them to me when I called home because I looked forward to reading them when I did my updates.

1 comment: