Thursday, April 30, 2009

day13 54km 2:38 bodega bay

I took it easy today because I want to meet up with miles in sacramento on thursday. Thanks for the offer chris, but I just checked my blog today and already had accommodations set up. I appreciate it though. Bought some food organic oats, pop tarts, fruit and trail mix. Met a group of roadies hanging out at a cafe and chatted with them for a while. They were all older and wished me luck. One of them was nice enough to buy me a chai tea and candy ice cream bar. I love candy ice cream bars. nothing tastes better than cold, chocolatey, ice cream, caramel goodness. Just past the turnoff to 1 was an accident and I had to wait about 5 minutes before I could go. The officer waved me up ahead of the cars. He also told me to watch out for debris. 1 car got ahead of me when I started, but both sides started to go at once. The cars came to a standstill and I threaded my way through and continued up the road. Score one for the cyclists! Made some phone calls since I made camp so early and washed my clothes in the sink and strung up a bad clothesline because it was so windy. Didn't really dry them out as much as I though it would. My achilles feels the same and my ears are still sunburnt and driving me crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment