Thursday, April 23, 2009

day6 120km 5:51 neskowin bay

Woke up to foggy low clouds and no dew on the groung which is a first for this trip. Rolled out at 9:30 wearing the same gear as yesterday and climbed up seven devils rode. I freakin love this rode!!! It was amazing. The landscape reminded me when your at 'top of the world' at the stottlemeyer trails. Very few cars with some rollers and good pavement and then painted on the road before an awesome descent is ' here comes the fun part'. oh, yes. it was fun. leaning into corners going 45kph and taking the whole lane. it was just amazing. If anyone gets the chance do this section its unbelieveable. I took my phone out to call my lovely mom while I was riding and I fumbled it and dropped it. It landed on my front right pannier, so I slowed down and then it dropped down and my front tire ran right over it and it exploded into a bunch of pieces. I was mad for about 5 seconds and then just started laughing. I saved the sim card though. I caught up to matt and we met a guy named 'dog' at a little store and he told us a good place to eat. Matt and I cooked up some soup for dinner and are stealth camping at a state park. My legs felt good today, but I think it was because of a tailwind and very few hills. It was beautfull all day and I should be in california tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment