Thursday, April 23, 2009

day5 89km 4:51 charleston

The three of us ate breakfast this morning and then we all kind of rolled out. I rode with knee and arm warmers today and got a late start 10:30. I almost passed matt and mitch who had ate at a burrito stand just down the road from where I had my lunch. I stopped and put on some sunscreen and chatted a bit. I ran into mitch again after I filled my bottles at a dune buggy rental place. I rode by a lot of sand dunes today right by the ocean. I had just passed through a town and a lady sitting in the pasenger side of a truck was nice enough to tell me 'there is a bike lane right there.' I had been riding just to the inside of the white line. Oh, really. I didn't notice the bike lane which was covered in gravel. glass and broken pavement. ugh. Sometimes I hate motorists. I stopped in charleston to ask for directions and some guy who reminded me of rob potts asked me a bunch of questions about my trip and was really excited for me. Anyway had some salami, a box of ritz crackers and cheese for dinner. I had to be carefull though because there were some crows scoping out my dinner when I went to fill up my bottles.Kind of miss talking to mitch and matt which is kind of wierd because I only knew them for a day and a half. I know its a ways off, but i'm excited and terrified about nevada.

No comments:

Post a Comment