Thursday, April 23, 2009

day4 84km 4:12 florence

Woke up and it was cold. My oatmeal lid got knocked off and dumped inside one of my panniers. I stopped at waldorf and used their library to do my last update. It warmed up and got sunny after the library. Was able to see the ocean without any fog or cloud cover finally and it was beautiful. I met a touring rider matt today who was hitting up skateparks all along the coast. He started in victoria b.c. and got snowed on up in washington burr... Dinner was a can of mixed veggies, couscous, an orange, an avacado, string cheese and the remains of a pound of deli ham I bought for lunch. It was so much food that I ate it in two sittings. I got done showering and cleaning my pans and another touring rider had camped next to me. His name was mitch and he is riding a 10 speed! its an old bike. He is headed down to california. We sat around and talked until dark. They both aren't carrying very much compared to me, and matt doesn't even have a tent. We talked about life, our trips, my time in the navy and the responses you get from people after you tell them about your trip. 
response#1- wow, that is so cool. I want to do something like that some day.

response#2- why would you want to do that? be safe. good luck.
even if I explained to person #2 why I am doing it ( even though sometimes I myself don't know). Any answer I gave wouldn't satisfy them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment