Saturday, April 25, 2009

day9 88km 4:24 stafford

Left the earliest I have all trip 8:40. My watch stopped working last ight as I was trying to reset the day. Got a little lost in eureka and the library didn't open until noon, so I found a mall and got a new phone with my same old phone number. Not everyone's number transferred over, so if you aren't one of the lucky 9, then I don't have your number. Ate to much at a hometown buffet and was burping up stuff for a couple of miles after that. My left achilles tendon started to ache just about an hour before I found a campsite. I think that I might have had my shoes cranked down to tight yesterday, or overuse, orleg length discrepancies, or..... The tops of my ears also are itchy/hurt. I don't know if its a sunburn or the helmet straps/sunglasses rubbing or what. I am getting an awesome cyclist tan. I will try to baby my achilles tomorrow as much as I can, but what can you do?

2 comments:

  1. Dave - ice is the trick for the achilles and rest. Take it easy, see the redwoods and the rhodys down there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I AM ONE OF THE LUCKY NINE!

    Cool. We're thinking about you Dave, and saying really nice things about how we're jealous... hope your achilles is feeling better. :)

    ReplyDelete