Wednesday, June 3, 2009

5/29 45 82mi 5:48 newton,KS

Woke up and had some swelling down by the right side of my perenium. It took me agood 10-20 minutes to get sort of comfortable on the saddle. My right testicle didn't hurt anymore which was good news. Had a tailwind today and it felt awesome. I was climbing standing a lot more and I felt really fatigued whenever I would get off the bike. I hated to stand around and would sit if I could and lie down whenever possible. I have never felt this level of fatigue the whole trip. Finally made it into newton and ate at an all you can eat buffet. I wasn't walking normally because the pain between my legs was so great. We were going to camp down the road a couple of miles when a guy in a company van stopped and invited us to sleep in his house. His name was Ray and he had a bunch of little grandkids over. He put us upstairs in his huge house and we each got a room to ourselves. His house was old but well maintained and I took a bath in a claw footed tub. I haven't taken a bath like that since, well I don't know when. Read a little bit and then fell asleep. It felt great just to rest my legs and get a shower. It has been really hot lately especially in the middle of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment