Monday, June 8, 2009

6/6 53 104mi 8:20 summersville,MO

Woke up kind of early because the girls wanted to leave early. Gale made us pancakes which was a great way to start the morning. Ate up, got my stuff together and took some pictures and then we all rolled out. Pumped up my tires which was a good thing because my tire pressure was down to around 50 pounds which is about 30 below the normal. About 20 minutes into the ride I met a german couple on a tandem. They were really nice and I learned how to say hello, goodbye and see you around. Actually I forgot how to say goodbye, but I remember the other 2 words. I was making good time and decided to try and make it to summersville. The terrain is hilly with some steep rollers, but its not anything super hard. My back tire is really wobbly and I stopped to tighten some of the spokes at a gas station because some of them had no tension on them at all. There were a couple of idiots in cars, well trucks today. I guy had his hand out the window and flipped me off as he was riding by, another guy honked for about 10 seconds as he was coming up behind me, another passenger yelled something out his window as he went by. oh well, you get people like that anywhere and 98% of the drivers have been nothing short of great so far, so I can't complain. Saw mike in houston and he was opushing his bike around town. He had his mom overnight him some spokes, chain whip, cassette removal tool and wrench because he had busted another spoke, but it wasn't going to get there until monday and he was bore to tears with much of the town closed on saturday and sunday. I gave him 'farewell,my subaru' to read since i had finished and wished him luck as I headed off to summersville. Just outside of houston I felt a little light headed and dizzy. I stopped and ate some granola bars and rested for a couple of minutes and felt better. I thought I had been keeping up on my eating all day, but apparently not. I got into summersville and was pretty beat. Ate an ice cream bar and had a coke to perk me up. Found the 'city park and set up camp. Ate some dinner of couscous and tried to straighten my wheel out with the little bit of daylight I had left. My back rim is so out of shape that aI unhooked my back brake cable to keep the rim from rubbing. Will work on it tomorrow morning and get it sorted out.

No comments:

Post a Comment