Wednesday, June 24, 2009

6/22 69 82mi ? yorktrown,VA

Woke up and got going by 6.a.m. That is the earliest start I have had al trip. Didn't eat breakfast and I picked up some chips ahoy at the first store I came to. Ate at a buffet in williamsburg that was really good and talked to an old man who was interested in all my gear and bike. I think he used to ride a bit back in the day. Updated my blog and found a bike shop after riding to 2 that ahd either moved or closed down. I was a little bit aggrevated for some reason adn I don't really know why. Played phone tag trying to get a hold of someone at the curch in yorktown so that I would have a place to sleep when I got there. The colonial parkway was a nice 2 lane highway with trees on both sides and the pavement was pretty worn down so a lot of rocks were uncovered which made for soem bumpy riding. It felt a little like a mini paris-roubaix which wasneat. Got a hold of a guy named john and he opeded up the house, yes house that the church owned and let bikers stay at. He wa also nice enough to do my laundry and gave me a couple of cokes and gatorades. Got a shower and don't know if/how I'll get to virginia beach. Its looks pretty like sketchy riding or a huge detour that will make me backtrack and add like 50 miles. Went down to a pub because yorktown is just a tourist town and only about 200 people actually live there. It was loud and smoky and I was sandwiched in between people who were talking to their friends, so it kind of sucked. I had a burger and a beer and got out of there. Called some people and just sat around waiting to fall asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment