Wednesday, June 3, 2009

5/27 43 67mi 4:44 bazine,KS

had the leftovers from last nights dinner and rode out to an overcast day. Stopped to update my blog and came back out to sunshine. Got into bazine around 4p.m. and took my time today. I am staying at elaine's bicycle oasis and I planned my last two days so that I would stay here tonight. Dan is her husband and is a rancher. He told me he bales hay/alfalfa for people. Had ashower which was wonderful and a guy named micheal showed up. He had broken a spoke and walked 3 miles to get to the oasis. I had an extra spoke and changed out his broken one for him. We had 'haystacks' for dinner and then dan made up some popcorn. We sat around and talked and then me and mike slept out on their porch. You can't beat that for $10. It has been a while since I slept in my tent.

No comments:

Post a Comment