Tuesday, June 16, 2009

6/15 62 91mi 6:51 berea,KY

Woke up and rolled out around 8:30. Rolling hills for most of the day with some longer hills towards the end. Missed a turn after eating in harrodsburg and went the wrong way for about 4 miles before realizing my mistake. I have been doing that a little recently and it is very aggrevating. Met a guy from germany named chris after I changed a broken spoke. That is the second spoke I have broken on this wheel which is very frustrating. Chris told us to pick up an air horn for the dogs in eastern kentucky. i practiced my hello, see you around and goodbye in german which was kind of neat. Mike and I rolled into berea and gorged at a pizze buffet. We stopped at walmart to pick up some air horns and A guy stopped to talk to us. His name was kevin and he told us about free showers at a truck stop just over the interstate. We got a free shower and as we were leaving I saw a guy on a fixie ( bike with one gear and no brakes, you stop by skidding or not pedaling and braking with your legs). Caught up to him and asked him about camping. He was cool and had actually done a tour fron lawrence to chicago last summer. He told us we could probably get away with camping by the athletic feilds of berea college adn so we did. It was a little difficult to go to sleep because it was still warm and my tent was still soaked from the thunderstorm night.

1 comment:

  1. 650 Miles left...Yay

    That has got to be exciting.

    Way to go Dave.

    ReplyDelete