Wednesday, June 24, 2009

6/21 68 126mi ? ashland,VA

Woke and the girls cooked everybody breakfast which was awesome. Got a little bit later start than I wanted, but it was nice to sit around and talk to everybody and just chill out in the morning instead of rushing off first thing. Gave shaz my pepper spray becaus eI didn't need it anymore and I don't think you caan mail that stuff. Hope she doesn't need it or accidentally spray her brother. Hope to hear from them when they get to seattle it would be cool to hear about the rest of their trip. Beer and dinner on me guys! Rode through historic charlottesville and stopped at the visitor center to ask about buffets. The lady there wasn't much help, and as I rode away up a hill I asked a couple about buffets and they told me I could use their hose in the back to wash off. I sprayed off some of my sweat and rinsed out my clothes from the day before. The nice thing about ti being so hot is that your clothes dry pretty quickly if you bungee them to the back of your rack. My legs were a bit dead after the town of mineral and I stopped in at a store and ate a pint of ice cream, my first of teh trip. It seemed to do the trick and I drank some coke. I have been drinking a lot of flat coke lately and it seemes to help keep the enrgy up there. Its just sugar water and caffeine after all. Made if to ashland just before 8 and ate at a buffet and then pedaled in the dark to the first curch I saw which was about 4 miles down the road. There was no traffic though, so it was pretty safe. Ended up sleeping on top of a littel slide/swinset playground because I had seen a black 3 foot snake laying in the road earlier in the day adn I kept hearing wierd animal noises coming from the woods behind the church.

1 comment: