Friday, June 5, 2009

6/4 51 94mi 7:19 golden city,MO

Woke up kind of early and ate some pop-tarts. Got everything all packed up and hit the road. Felt really good and had good legs all day. Really happy to get back on the bike as odd as it may sound. Stopped in a town and updated my blog. Met a young guy named drew who was heading west and another guy who was on his way to florence which I think is in kansas. Met a runner named danny who was riding to the west coast. I had a head/crosiwnd all day from the NW, but it wasn't very strong. Mostly rolling hills today and I don't think that I have used my smal ring since Colorado. I heard that the hills here are pretty steep, but they aren't mountains so they can't be that bad. I had a great day today. It was nice to be back on my bike and not in pain. It was sunny out and a little cloudy so it didn't get ridiculously hot. Was in a real good mood all day today. The only thing missing was some bob marley music in the background and it would have been perfect! I was happy to be making progress toward the coast again and not holed up in a motel room wondering if my trip was over. Passed into Missouri which was sweet, its always nice to be finished with a state. Only IL, KE and VA left.

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for good days! And that's so exciting that you're done with another state. I totally brag about you to people, by the way. I'm glad you feel better. That must have sucked, dude.

    ReplyDelete