Wednesday, June 3, 2009

5/31 47 70mi 6:09 Chanute,KS

today sucked.Didn't sleep very well at the park. I have lots of insect bites all over me now. I woke up covered in sweat once , that was really sweet. Then a breeze came througha and I got chilled. oh the joys of sleeping in the great outdoors! It was o.k. though. Ate the last of my organic northern california oatmeal. I have been carrying that stuff forever. Its hard to eat oatmeal in the morning when you are sweating standing around in your boxers at 8:30 in the morning. Hot food just isn't really appealing, I don't know why. I never really got comfortable all day. My ass was in agony all freaking day. Stopped in a little town to eat and met a 91yr old man named glen. We talked to him for a bit and then headed on our way. Mike was struggling the last half of the day. I was in pain from my infection, so we didn't talk to much. Had a little bit of confusion trying to find a road but found it right where it was supposed to be. Ran into a guy from holland travelling east. He told us the store that we were planning on stopping at was closed on sundays. We got to the store and found a pump in the back so We could fill our bottles. We dranka bunch and then just sat around for about an hour. It was excrutiating getting back on the bike. I was walking around like a bow legged cowboy and I couldn't get comfortable on the bike. I had been riding all day with as little of my right side on the seat as possible. My knee was sticking out a good 2 inches from normal so that I wouldn't put pressure down there. I smacked my handlebars a couple times out of frustration. We ate at a salad and pizza bar for dinner and I wanted a hotel room, so we split one. Plan to take a rest day tomorrow and hopefully figure out a way to heal up. Don't want to quit. not this 'close' to the end. The hard part is over, just have to finish these last ~1700 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment