Wednesday, May 27, 2009

5/26 42 74mi 6:20 scott city,KS

woke up to rain. Made some oatmeal on the stovetop and headed out. About 12 miles into the day I crossed into Kansas. Ate lunch in a diner and had 2 doublecheeseburgers. Kept riding and stopped at a gas station to let my hands warm up. Bought a hot chocolate and talked to some old tymers sitting there about my trip. It was cold,windy and raining all day. It was fine though, just felt like another long training ride back home except there weren't any hills. Made it to scott city around 6pm and found the athleticlub. It is a pool/gymastics/weight training facility where they let me sleep in there lounge and get a shower for $10. Put my wet clothes in the laundry and went to the grocery store in town. Called a couple people and read for a bit. Trying to finish 'dreams of my russian summers' so I can start on one of my other books. Today was the first day I got rained on all day and I can't complain. halfway through the trip and only one full day of rain, thats easy.

1 comment:

  1. It's so weird that it's cold and rainy where you are. It has been HOT (and this is ME you're talking to) here for at least a week. I can't believe it.

    Kansas seems really far away. You're a badass.

    ReplyDelete