Sunday, May 24, 2009

5/23 day39 93mi 6:58 la junta,CO

woke up and got an early start. started off wearing knickers and ls jersey. Got into pueblo after a couple of hours and changed into shorts and a shortsdleeve jersey. Rode through a city park with a zoo in it and it was nice. Rode through some quiet residential neighborhoods and it was nice to be off highways for a couple of miles. Called larry and left a message that I would be there around 3-4. Got out of pueblo and a sign said 60 miles to la junta. I thought great I am going to get there at like 6-7 at night. An hour or so later I got rained on for an hour and stopped to put on booties,arm warmers,leg warmers and gloves. Then after it stopped I took them all off. I was taking my clothes on and off so much I felt like a stripper. had a head/tail/crosswind for the last couple of hours and actually made really good time and got to the hotel around 4. Tooka quick shower and then met larry and joni in the lobby. We talked for a bit and then I showed larry some pictures and some of my gear in my room. Later on we went and and ate dinner at a place called 'a taste of tuscany' and it was very good. dropped about 2000ft elevation total and had a lot of slow rolling hills today. Met 2 guys who were riding from missouri to san fran. My right inside quad had a knot in it but after the rainshower it loosened up and felt fine. Some tendons on my right leg by my knee running up into my hamstring/quad are kind of achy. Not sure where I'll go tomorrow, but its about 25 miles to get back on my route and then I'll just head east. I'm going to try and take it easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment