Tuesday, May 5, 2009

day16 85km 4:14

got an early start today (7:30) and it turns out I was 12 miles away from the campsite. No way I would have made it with the light I had left. There was a bike path going into davis,ca and I got turned around and rode through the campus. There were bikes everywhere. I mean everywhere. Everyone was riding. Stopped and ate at crepeville, it was yummy. Got back on the bike and took some flat farm roads and then the yolo causeway, which paralells 50 going into sacramento. I was tryiing to find the biekt rail again after crossing over the river in sac and a policeman on a bike told me 'you have to walk it through the tunnel.' I said I was from out of town and just trying to find a friends house and he gave me some good directions to miles parents place. I showed up to their house at about noon and rang the doorbell, nothing. So I called thier phone and just after his mom, debbie, picked up my phone died. I tried the doorbell again to no answer and was rolling my bike out to ride off to a pay phone when she called out from thier side gate area. I quickly went over and explained who I was so she wouldn't be alarmed. She told me of a bike shop down the street and I rode down to get my bike a new chain put on. I walked back to the house and took a nice hot shower. She left to pick up miles and tara from the airport and I iced my achilles for a while and read. We had an awesome pasta salad for dinner that was suprisingly simple but delicious. Slept on a futon and not in my sleeping bag:)

No comments:

Post a Comment