Wednesday, May 27, 2009

5/25 41 84mi 7:20 sheridan lake,CO

woke up and took a shower and headed over to that pancake breakfast. $5 got me sausage,eggs and pancakes. I filled up and got on my way. Saw a lot of emty railcars sitting on the tracks. Have been paralelling a railroad all day. Ate lunch at a city park and saw a couple of snakes on the shoulder that I avoided didn't know if they were dead or alive. Had a crosswind from the north again today. Met a german named 'claus' who was riding from 'chicago to the middle mountains of the usa and then to oregon.' Got rained on about the last hour of riding. pulled into the gas station at sheridan lake and saw a sign that said cyclists are welcome to use the basement of our church. I asked a kid shooting hoops where the basement was and he showed it to me. Took him over to my bike and showed him all the stuff I was carrying. Set up in the basement and read for a bit then fell asleep. Had some right quad pain but my tendons on my left knee felt better.

No comments:

Post a Comment