Monday, May 11, 2009

day24 0 miles eureka,NV

Woke up early in my hotel room and couldn't fall asleep again. Shawne dropped by before he rolled out to ely. Laid around in bed all morning watching t.v. and made some couscous which I ended up throwing away because it tasted like crap. I think I should have used boiling water instead of hot water. Did some laundry and undated my ournal for the last couple days. bought some groceries and mailed home some more clothes and a couple of books that I finished. Took off my underside of the downtube bottle holder and sent it home because no bottles will fit without rubbing the tire. I think it is meant for those smaller euro bottles that are thinner and not as tall.Stopped by an antique museum and chatted with the lady there for awhile. Leeann (sp?) was nice enough to lend me her phone so I could call home. thanks again. I stopped in later after updating my blog at the library and she invited me to breakfast with her and her husband, rollin (sp?), the next morning. It was very refreshing to talk to her and chat with someone who shares a lot of the same views as I have. I accepted her gracious offer of a free breakfast and wandered off to eat lunch. Had another steak for lunch to try and get some iron in me. Shaved my face today because its so hot out and it is very wierd to be clean shaven after almost 3 months of scruff. Thought about shaving my legs because they are getting fuzzy and decided against it. I bougth some blackberries and ate them and they tasted like gross. They didn't taste like blackberries at all. It was pretty wierd. Watched a couple of basketball games and fell asleep.Thanks for the advice chris. I know what I should be doing, but sometimes I don't follow the advice. It is very hard to bring enough water for these huges tretches between towns and the water gets warm which makes it that much tougher to want to drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment