Wednesday, May 27, 2009

5/24 day40 27mi 2:20 sugar city,CO

got up and had breakfast downstairs in the lobby. Ate a lot. Updated my blog in the computer room. Saw larry adn joni before they left for the spanish peaks and had a little bit more to eat. Got on the road and got rained on for about 5 minutes and then it was sunny except for a crosswind from the north. Backtracked and got back onto the adventure cycling route and just really, really didn't feel like riding. Stopped at sugar city and went into a bar called smitty's. Talked to the bartender/owner shari for a bit and showed her some pictures of my trip. A little while later 2 guys named golbert and mel showed up. They were 2 brothers who had retired from the railroad. I talked with them for a whle and then headed across the street to eat a a little cafe. Had a burger there and then came back to smitty's. A little while later another brother named billy came in and he was married to shari. I sat around and talked to them for hours and shari was nice enough to find me a place to sleep so I didn't have to sleep in the park. I slept on the couch of her mom's house while her and billy slept in another room. I was very glad that I stopped in and met all of them. It wasnice to relax and not think about riding or anything and just chat with people for a bit. I need to try and do more of that. Found out about a pancake breakfast tomorrow morning from the lady who runs the cafe and will definitely hit that up.

No comments:

Post a Comment