Monday, May 18, 2009

day28 24mi 2:14 ceder city,UT

Rolled into ceder city just after 9a.m. Did some laundry at a koa and met a guy who did the laundry for the koa for a fee. He was in the navy for 28yrs and now he works here. picked up some groceries and ate in a park. 2 older guys were there who talked to me about riding and they both lived up in the hills and were kind of bitter and everybody was out to screw them blah,blah,blah. I really just watned to eat my lunch in silence, but I was nice enough. They kept telling me to wear a hunting/fishing vest and I could carry a lot more on it than my bike jersey. I wanted to try and catch a movie, but they started showings at 4:30 and I didn't want to wait that long. I scheduled a massage for the earliest time at 5'o clock. Got a hotel and just put my feet up. Today was an active recovery day. Stopped by a bike shop and picked up an extra spoke. Got a massage froma girl named bridgette and she tried to work the knot out of my quad. Not as great as stephanie back home, but good. Stopped at a braun books and picked up 'the road' that mielko had read and said was good. Got a bloody nose before I fell asleep and wasn't looking forward to the 10,000 foot pass tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. For those of us back home maybe you should give us Stephanie's phone number!

    ReplyDelete
  2. its called 'a healing space' or 'a healing place' port orchard, wa in the bethel strip mall.

    ReplyDelete